Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where did the semester go?

Reflecting on this blogging experience is bitter sweet. I truly enjoyed doing these blog posts. They really helped me think about what we were reading in class, rather than just reading it for enjoyment. While I still greatly enjoyed everything we read, blogging about it helped me to think critically about my favorite works that we read. For example, I loved the Edith Wharton stories we read, I loved them so much  that I probably wouldn't have thought about them as critically if I wasn't required to do the blog post. I also really enjoyed hearing other people's comments on my posts. They really helped me to think about other perspectives that I may not have thought about before. Keeping a blog was like continuing the discussion from class, outside of class. I also enjoyed being able to bring up things that I may have been too shy to bring up in class or we simply did not have time to cover in class. The blog was also extremely helpful for paper writing. It kept my writing and analytical skills working throughout the semester and helped me throw around some ideas for the short papers. I am so glad I decided to do the blog post since it is what helped me come up with my topic for paper 2 and the extension of the paper for paper 4.

5 comments:

  1. Concur. I super enjoyed writing blogs this semester! It is also pretty satisfying see how consistent we could be with something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consistently forgot every week :) I also consistently had issues with both the website, and the inability to have anything that I wanted, actually show up on the blog. Had fun reading everything you guys were able to write every week that I was graced with the ability to actually log in tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! It wasn't always easy for me to come up with things to blog about, but it forced me to look at the texts more intently. It was also helpful to have a place where I could explore ideas that were brought up in class but not overly-expanded upon. It's also just kind of cool to have a record of everything we've done this semester that is accessible to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely. These Blog posts were honestly the best part of the course. I had more fun writing posts than with any assignment I've ever worked on. While I may have neglected a week or two and consistently forgot to post on other people's blogs I feel like the assignment helped to facilitate my learning of the material. It was encouraging to write with the impression, conceited though it may sound, that I had a fan base waiting to read what I had to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging really is a way to get that feedback from others in a way that doesn't depend on class discussion, and I am glad you found it helpful.

    ReplyDelete